For Sale, 1989 Toyota Sunrader RV 21 Feet Long 22RE Engine Auto TransPrice: $21,000
Used RV for sale by owner, Found a used Sunrader RV being offered for sale by the owner on Craigslist in San Diego, California. This 21 feet long fiberglass self-contained class C RV made by Sunrader based on 1989 Toyota chassis feature a 22RE 4-Cylinders engine backed by an automatic transmission with about 195000 miles on it. A lot of money, effort, and thought of the owner invested into this RV to make it a reliable long-distance tourer, a dependable ride, and functionality with good looking.
Hard to find a Toyota Sunrader like this, a fully functional and well-maintained one that has traveled extensively throughout the US. This Sunrader has been with the seller for years, never disappoints, is very reliable and safe, prepared for long journeys, and very capable of covering long distances without any problems. If you're interested, read the details below.
|Engine||Toyota 22RE 4-Cylinders|
|Condition||Used / Good|
Detail by owner
1989 Toyota Sunrader 21’ with 22 RE 4 cylinder engine. This is a detailed post with a lot of information and transparency.
First off - Why am I selling this?
My wife wants a bigger rig (more space) with slides and a full sized dedicated queen bed… ie …more luxury. We have traveled around the USA twice with this Sunrader - it does everything i could want from an RV. I spent a lot of thought and effort and money to make it a reliable long distance tourer and I still love this Toyota Sunrader for its iconic good looks, it’s dependable ride, and the functionality. .
But because I love my wife more, and that we are retiring and planning to take a full year RV trip around the USA again, I am going to go with a more luxury travel vehicle. I can see the value in having more comfort on a years trip.
This is what it is …
AT = Automatic Transmission with lots of added features and updates as listed below.
If you are looking for a Toyota Sunrader that has been mechanically maintained, and upgraded - from old original parts that need replacement to new ones, and added creature comfort accessories to my liking, all towards comfortable long RV travel adventures -
What this Toyota is not
This is not a low mileage “barn find” in near “like new” original condition still with all the older original parts. If that is what you are trying find - read no further -
What this Toyota is
This is a well maintained fully functioning Toyota Sunrader that has been thoroughly gone through from top to bottom, end to end. It has been mine for many years, and it is a reliable and safe RV that is set up for long trips, and is very capable of going long distances without any drama.
The benefit of owning a Toyota based RV is its reputation as reliable - this one is not a fast RV. No RV is perfect -
I have always been a thorough and proactive owner when it comes to maintaining this Toyota. .
1. New set of commercial grade front disc brake pads and new rear brake pads with new seals, new wheel cylinders, and a new rear brake line
2. New anti sway bar bushings
3. New exhaust flange gaskets
4. New suspension strut rod bushings
5. New control arm bushings
6. Chassis greased
7. Recent Front end alignment
8. New Master Brake and of course new brake fluid
9. Reformed the original leaf springs and added 2 brand new leaf springs on one side, and 3 brand new leaf springs on the other ( more weight on the black, gray, and fresh water tank side)
10. New air lines for Firestone air lift suspension bags
11. 6 x almost brand New aggressive tread by General Grabber A/T- off road - on road tires by Discount Tire with tire insurance
12. New timing chain and timing chain guides
13. New spark plug wires and spark plugs
14. New aluminum Champion radiator with new radiator hoses and belts - aluminum radiators run cooler
15. Installed and wired additional fog and off road LED spot lights
16. Installed and wired new 3M LED rear back up light
17. Installed and wired additional rear LED turn signal lights at a higher elevation for brighter and greater visibility
18. Installed and wired front LED turn signals as a strip lighting system for greater visibility
19. Installed and wired XM satellite radio along with new 6x9 three way door speakers and a interior rear sound bar
20. Installed and wired 3 new 110v a/c plugs with built in usb ports
21. Built and Installed a inside storage utility box for extra storage ( I have kept the dining room chairs and table )
22. Installed Yakima storage box on top of roof.
23. Installed 2 brand new Smart Car front seats for greater comfort and safety.
24. Installed and wired an additional water temp gauge on drivers side pillar for greater accuracy, and as a back up to the stock water temperature gauge.
25. Installed and wired a back up camera system with monitor.
26. Custom decal set on Sunrader body
27. Welded tow bar to the bolted on ATV style bumper for the ability to tow light weight trailers 28. Replaced light bulbs on front headlights
29. Spray painted rubber paint onto the underbelly of chassis 30. Added ATV off road style front bumper with remote controlled winch
31. Installed small sized safe inside camper
32. Installed and wired CB Radio for alternative communication if needed in areas with no cell phone coverage ( or just for fun )
33. Installed and wired several additional usb hub ports up in the front cab area
34. Purchased memory foam for upper bunkbed
35. Purchased new foam and pad and upholstery for lower bench seat / lower bed.
36. Very Recent valve gap check
37. Very Recent silicone resealing of roof strictly as upkeep / preventative maintenance
38. Engine is running strong and smooth - I encourage any potential buyer to have this Toyota Sunrader professionally inspected
39. installed transmission cooler specifically to keep the transmission and engine much cooler whenever traveling during the hottest times of the day / year, and or to keep everything cooler when traveling up grades through the mountains. One of the best things you can do to upgrade any RV is to add a transmission cooler which helps engine life enormously.
A/C blows cold
LP tank holds 7 gallons Wood floor in good condition
Stove / burners work - refrigerator works off electric or LP.
Toilet, sink, and shower work.
Rides nice - - 60/65 mph is great on flats - not so fast on uphill grades of 5-8%.
New oil change just done
New transmission fluid changed 5 k miles ago -
new rear end differential gear oil changed 5k miles ago.
Replaced front and rear shocks with Bilsteins 4 years ago
15 mpg …sometimes more sometimes less depending on terrain. She is ready to go travel whenever and wherever you want today. Says 195,000 on odometer but it’s not correct
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Update listing of the Sunrader RVs, Toyota RVs