For Sale, 1986 Toyota Sunrader 22RE Engine Auto TransPrice: $20,000
Used RV for sale by owner, Found this small compact class C motorhome offered for sale by the owner on Craigslist in El Cajon, California. As shown here is a Sunrader 20 feet long fiberglass RV based on a 1986 Toyota truck chassis powered by a 22RE 4-Cylinders engine backed by an automatic. 37 of its age is still in excellent condition and always well cared for by the owner, a former Toyota tech.
Often, when seeing a mini camper, we think that some of the facilities will not be available inside, but easier to drive and more fuel efficient than a full-size motorhome. However, that thought is not all true, especially for the Toyota Sunrader offered by the owner here, easy to drive and fuel-efficient are true, but it turns out of facilities, everything is available like a full-size motorhome, in a compact size of course.
The Toyota Sunrader motorhome seems designed to accommodate our desire to enjoy life on the road in a smaller package. The Sunrader is a pretty compelling package regardless of which small reliable Japanese pickup truck. It’s far cleaner looking than its age and the cosmetics look plenty tidy on this one with even the period-correct decal stripe intact.
As you can see the Sunrader has been loved since new. A very strong running fuel-injected 22-RE engine with proper care during this time makes it extremely long-lived and that should lead to years of trouble-free motoring on the backroads and interstates of this great country. The seller notes lots of big-ticket recent maintenance. A Toyota Sunrader camper looks like loads of fun to me, and this one has to be one of the best on the market at the moment.
|Engine||Toyota 22RE 4 Cylinders|
|Condition||Used / Excellent|
Detail by owner
Former Toyota tech selling 1986 Sun Rader, 22RE auto. This rig is a solid 8.5/10, is very clean and well maintained, and has tons of upgrades:
* 4.88 rear end upgrade, rear wheel bearings cleaned and repacked, rear brake drums machined, 80% remaining on rear shoes, handbrake adjusted
* rear air suspension system
* all 7 rims sandblasted and powder coated
* 6 brand new tires bought from Discount Tire, less than 400 miles on them
* Front spindles converted from 5 lug to 6, all 7 wheels are the same lug pattern. Front brakes 80% remaining
* Original roof AC started causing slight sag. Removed and replaced with remote controlled Maxxair fan
* Replaced original power distribution center because it was putting out too much voltage for Maxxair fan
* All new LED running lights front and back. Also all new LED lights inside cabin
* Very strong running 22RE 4-cylinder. Auto trans fluid was recently changed. Transmission works flawlessly.
* Rebuilt differential only has about 300 miles on it. It has all new gears and bearings, not used. Fluid is recommended to be changed after 500 miles during break in. After that, 15K between diff fluid changes.
* Very comfortable overhead cab bed (full size), upholstery is in very nice condition. Has fold out couch for second bed.
* Has solar powered tire pressure monitoring system with instruction papers
* Side awning still works well. Be gentle with it and it should last quite a while.
* I have the original Sun Rader rear storage box as well. It's not in perfect shape, but can still be used.
* All electrical and dash functions work perfectly. Dash AC is not very cold. Compressor quietly kicks on, receiver/dryer showing bubbles in the sight glass, will need one can of freon.
* Has 3 way Dometic refrigerator currently running on propane, VERY cold! This RV was in really nice shape when I bought it, and it's had a ton of upgrades since then.
A couple cabinet latches are broken or missing, need replaced. Cab AC needs a can of freon. Walmart stereo with 7" display, have new speakers but they need to be installed and hooked up. I also hard wired a rear camera, which used to work, but currently not working. The heater fan makes noise on occasion.
For sale for 20K/best offer. Registration is current until July this year