For Sale, 1978 GMC Birchaven MotorhomePrice: $ 15,500 Contact: SOLD
Used RV for Sale, This classic class A RV offered by GMC, as the picture is a rare 23' Birchaven Motorhome built in 1978 has been upgrade and good condition has 82K miles on it looking for new owner.
Motor Homes for Sale
Detail by owner
Last year of the great GMC Motorhomes and this is the sought after and rare 23' version. Fits nicely in a driveway, parking spots and is easy to navigate through parking lots.
- 403 engine runs strong
- 82,500 miles
- Electronic ignition, previous owner put a petronix electronic ignition on it to make it more reliable
- Engine was gone over, new tune up and fluids, would not hesitate to drive it cross country the way it sits.
- Chrome headers and a nice exhaust
- Rear suspension airbags look in great condition. Dual air pumps.
- 4k Onan generator only has 300 hours and runs good, previous owner converted to electronic ignition
- All 7 wheels are matching Alcoas that polish up nicely. Tires from 2012
- Batteries (3) replaced 2012
- New black and grey holding tanks and plumbing
- AC's, house and cab work
- Self igniting water heater and house heater work good
- Paint still looks great
- Interior is clean and in great condition, kept very stock/original
- 15ft Zip Dee awning in great condition
- Rear Ladder
- Roof Storage Pod
- Spare tire cover
- Original 6.6 Cu Ft Dometic Refrigerator - LP, 12V, 120V
- Original 4 Burner Magic Chef stove with oven
-- Upgrades --
- 60 watt solar system that keeps all the batteries topped off even when RV sits for long periods of time.
- Installed flatscreen DigitalTV/DVD player with HDMI input
- Upgraded tv antenna and booster for Digital TV
- Kenwood DDX719 radio with full flat screen has monitor to hook up backup camera. I have camera, I just never got to installing it. Has bluetooth so you can listen to tunes off your smartphone.
- Front seats swapped with leather Toyota Sienna recliners with foot rests and built in seat belts with shoulder straps.
- Rear suspension airbags upgraded with Schrader & shut off valves on airbags
- Pull-out faucet for kitchen sink
- All interior bulbs replaced with LED bulbs
- Has aftermarket tach and trans oil temp gauges
- Front seats are a bit higher than stock
- Refrigerator interior igniter not working, but pilot lights from outside
- Ceiling liner - sticky shelf liner material - came off the ceiling panel in front behind the drivers seat and is coming off in bathroom. Easy fix with new material or removal and sanding of mahogany ceiling panels.
- Apparently there was a minor leak in the ceiling at some point so there is some water discoloration in ceiling and wall panels near entry door. leak was fixed.
Reason for selling - I purchased this beauty (my dream coach) in January with the idea of taking it on many trips this summer. After a few short trial trips with it, I've realized that the beds are just too cramped. I'm 6'2". So now I'm looking for a 26' GMC with a fixed bed in back. If bed size isn't a concern for you then you will love this coach. I wish I didn't have to sell it.
Update listing of the GMC Motorhome